For those who may not know, I am a huge self-care advocate. To love yourself is not an act of selfishness, it’s an act of self-care and should be done so unapologetically. Taking the time to address your body’s needs physically, intellectually, and spiritually is the key to how you live your best life! When you practice self-care, you emit self-love. The act of self-care improves your effectiveness, relieves stress, and produces positive energy, refining your confidence and self-esteem.
Here are some beneficial self-care tips that I practice that will help your well-being:
- Give yourself some regularly scheduled “Me time.” And in this time do things such as getting your hair or nails done, a massage etc.
- Set small goals and praise yourself when you reach them.
- Journal your thoughts. Anything you are thinking, feeling write it down! Accept it, realize it.
- Write positive affirmations. My personal favorites are I AM MORE THAN ENOUGH, I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF, I CHOOSE TO CREATE THE LIFE THAT I WANT. Recite them daily.
- Learn something new or research something you’re interested in.
- Meditate and learn mindfulness.
- Take a warm bubble bath or long shower, lounge in your bathrobe, and read.
- Help someone whether it’s carrying a bag or opening a door.
- Stretch. 5-10 minutes to get out the crooks and kinks helps your body and mind.
- Spend time with real friends and other people who uplift you. Happy Hour is a must for me!
- Set appointments and go to the doctor, dentist etc., to stay current on your physical health
To do everything right and still feel unworthy, I know exactly what that feels like. I know what it feels like to lose confidence and the ability to love myself unconditionally. To lose confidence in my career, my business, my spirit, everything! Because for so long I sought after the need to be loved by someone else, not realizing that the ideal love was inside of me all along. So during the process of fulfilling that ideal love I realized how important self-care truly is. I have always been a self-care advocate, especially for those in healthcare. The act of self-care is what inspired me to start my business, The NurseBOX in the first place. But to undergo transition of growth outside of the workplace, self-care practice is what truly helped me in my overall process of healing. It was taking the time to love myself and using self-care to help me live my best life!
I hope you find these self-care tips useful and remember to love yourself!
-Taylor, creator of The NurseBOX